The Technology Development Group (TDG) is looking for a User Experience Researcher to help us shape and craft the next generation of interactive applications for our platform. This team is working with some of Apple’s most advanced technologies including augmented reality (AR), virtual reality (VR), machine learning (ML) and computer vision (CV). As a member of our organization, you will drive exploration of future products that will delight, inspire, and empower millions of people.
- Coordinate and execute all phases of user studies (in-house and remote), including developing study plans and protocols, screeners, consent forms, data collection trackers and moderating sessions.
- Proactively work with research scientists, designers, engineers and PMs to identify research questions that can yield actionable insights for the team
- Develop standardized UX metrics and surveys as appropriate for repeated use and comparison over time for various products with the product and UX prototyping team
- Design quantitative and qualitative user studies to evaluate the usability and efficacy of user experience and interfaces and formulate insights
- Plan and execute research that collects and analyzes objective and subjective measures of next-gen product experiences to inform the direction of interactions and strategies
- Receive and manage data from user studies
- Present research results and recommendations to stakeholders, including designers, engineers, program management and executives
- Identify, promote and share user testing best practices and techniques with the broader organization
- Collaborate cross-functionally with design, engineering and product development groups
As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to identify, plan, conduct, and share research to inform high-quality experiences that will meaningfully impact the lives of our users. The ideal candidate for this role is comfortable working collaboratively with designers, artists, prototypers, engineering partners, and other key stakeholders to identify high-value research opportunities to inform future experiences. You will execute studies that shape hardware and improve experiences that define the next generation of computing. You are excited about learning new research methods, exploring creative solutions as part of the iterative design process, and solving incredibly challenging and interesting problems in the AR/VR space.
Education & Experience
MS or PhD preferred. Master’s degree in User Experience Research, Human Factors, HCI, or related design discipline.
- A diverse toolkit of human factors research and usability methods, and the ability to select, scale, and adapt them to a variety of investigative, information-gathering, and analysis tasks
- Experienced with qualitative methods for in-context research identifying user needs or conducting post-launch/analogous experience research with the intended user population
- Skilled at creating, deploying, and processing user surveys
- Experience analyzing large data sets to assist product design and engineering spec evaluations
- A demonstrated ability to present research findings and recommendations to all levels of stakeholders, including executive management
- A demonstrated ability to rapidly acquire familiarity with emergent technologies and software algorithms
- Consumer products experience is a plus