About Gravity Sketch
Our team is on a mission to revolutionise the way we bring ideas to life and fundamentally change the way 3D design is done today. We help design teams to create and communicate 3D ideas in the quickest and most intuitive way possible. We’ve developed the first end-to-end 3D design platform that allows teams to carry out work from the early phases of the design process all the way through to hand-off for productionisation.
The tools we’ve developed are changing the way companies across automotive, industrial design, and entertainment industries carry out their day-to-day work. The platform is helping teams deliver more creative outputs, foster better collaboration, and compress products’ time to market resulting in a much more sustainable product development process. The platform offers VR, tablet, and web-based applications allowing users to bring the tools seamlessly into their workflow. Cross-discipline teams at companies such as Ford Motor Company and Adidas depend on the platform to collaborate and deliver world-class products both physical and digital. Being highly skilled in the use of Gravity Sketch is important for new hires in industry leaders such as Adidas sitting alongside tools like Adobe’s Photoshop.
- We’ve just closed an exciting Series A, watch this space!
- We have 4x our revenue and 5x our user base in the 18 months
- We’re listed in Technation’s Upscale 6.0 Cohort, which features the UK’s best performing tech companies
- We’ve been mentioned by Sifted in their ‘guide to the Metaverse’ article
Our Team & Culture
We’re a lean but ambitious team of 89 spread across the globe (UK, Europe & The Americas). We may be geographically spread out, but we’re tied by our mission to radically change how teams communicate ideas spatially and expressively from anywhere.
Our focus is on output and getting the work done, not counting the hours you work. We appreciate that everyone has their own optimum setup, and so provide flexibility in terms of when and where you get work done.
Innovation, collaboration and creativity are at the heart of our culture. We encourage everyone to experiment, bring new ideas to the table, and challenge one another in order to arrive at the best solutions for our users. Trust is another fundamental, which is echoed through autonomy and ownership of our work. We rely on each other to be resourceful, make decisions quickly, give honest feedback, ask for help, or do whatever needs to be done in order to make a positive impact on the team, users, or business.
We are all learning as we build this business and find that with each new addition to the team our ambition grows. We look for teammates that wish to grow with us on the journey; we value individuals with a curiosity to learn and eagerness to take initiative, following through on the work we initiate. Innovation day takes place every month, creating space to focus on an innovative passion project (something that would be cool for users).
We work hard, and know how to have fun too; with company trips, socials, sports, gaming sessions and more. We welcome you to share your hobbies with the team so we can all try something new!
We embody the fast paced, critical thinking and proactive attitude that’s now synonymous with startup culture – and of course we embrace and encourage a data driven approach at Gravity Sketch. With our ambitious growth plans, we want to level up our data platform architecture to match. We want to truly enable all of our teams with timely insights – insights based on reliable, enriched data in order to facilitate a better experience for all stakeholders.
- You’ll be our first data engineer, re-define our data pipeline and model, drive our data analytics to an excellence level.
- You’ll take ownership in centralising our data and scaling our data platform architecture, especially within the ETL/ELT areas of the data pipeline.
- You’ll manage and maintain data governance and our data catalogue, ensuring high data quality exists through the complete lifecycle of the data alongside the relevant data controls.
- You’ll be a key component between our engineering and analytics teams – your output will enable access to clean data to allow our product teams to attain insights in a timely manner.
- We’re looking for someone who is passionate about data! A self starter who understands the importance of data and highly values its integrity!
- Experience owning, implementing and maintaining data processing pipelines end to end. We’re looking for someone who is happy to identify and tackle problems whilst learning about new technologies along the way – even problems that may be outside of your comfort zone.
- You have 2+ years experience in a data engineering role – experience working in start-ups, software/SaaS businesses and working with scaling development teams would be advantageous
- You have mastered RDS modelling/schema building
- You have a knack for automating processes and would be able to implement this across the company
- You’re adaptable – comfortable managing your workload based on key priorities of the engineering team
- You’re a pro with programming languages! We’re looking for experience with SQL and Python as well as Java (Golang as a plus)
- Experience working with noSQL data stores and data lakes
- To be comfortable communicating with various stakeholders and have experience using Git as a member of the engineering team
- You have experience working with the AWS product suite – S3, Athena (desirable)
- You have a degree in CompSci or Engineering
- Uncapped holidays: Startup world is busy, we encourage taking time off to recharge and rest.
- Flexible working: we appreciate that everyone has their optimum setup and things to work around in life. We would support remote and hybrid working as well as varying hours.
- £50/ month personal wellbeing budget
- Private healthcare
- £1,000 personal budget per year for professional development You will learn a lot here but there may be more want or need. With this budget, we aim to support you in your career growth.
- Team lunch Wednesdays: out together in person, or virtually with food delivery credit.
- Socials, ski trips & a biannual global meet up: we are passionate about bringing everyone together whenever we can, this helps build tighter bonds and alignment.
- Enhanced parental leave policy (maternity and paternity)
- Cyclescheme & Techscheme
- Chance to work at a fast growing start-up changing how the products of the future are designed, and exposure to a transparent startup journey
- Real work ownership – you drive your own initiatives and have an opportunity to take your work all the way through to launch.
- Opportunity to work with some of the world’s leading design companies
- Transparent insight into the startup journey, plus unparalleled learning if you’re up for the challenge!
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, gender, sexual orientation, background, and nationality.