As a candidate for the Environment Artist role you will be working on creating engaging and captivating environments in our games. We love flair and creativity, these are key characteristics we love to see and ones we pride ourselves on. We are looking for someone who is a creative problem solver, an excellent communicator, and who always shows high levels of enthusiasm and talent for creating great artwork. You will also be r esponsible for the creation of fantastic Environments for use in our VR games in line with the agreed art style guides. E nsure your created environments are optimised for use in our game engines, being particularly mindful of performance and memory constraints. We will offer you the chance to be an active member of the experienced and highly skilled art team, contributing ideas, concepts and technical solutions that will help build great games.
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates excellent 3D and 2D skills, with particular focus on environment work.
- Proven drawing and layout skills that illustrate your ability to convey ideas and concepts to stakeholders.
- Up to date and comprehensive knowledge of Autodesk Maya (or other relevant 3D content creation packages) and Photoshop.
- Familiarity with the opportunities and challenges of the current games market, including XR technologies.
- Experience of game development in Unity.
- Ability with sculpting packages such as ZBrush or Mudbox.
- Knowledge of texture/material creation pipelines such as Substance or NDo/DDo.
- Active player of Mobile/Console/VR games.
Why Apply To Soul Assembly?
Joining the team now will give you the opportunity to be a part of a growing team going from strength to strength. We’ll give you the opportunity to :
- A relaxed, friendly and progressive work environment.
- 25 days annual leave
- Help define the studio culture and values
- Contribute your input and ideas to our games and to all areas of our business
- Be involved in defining studio processes and working practices.
- In addition, we will:
- Pay a competitive salary, negotiable based on experience
- Provide regular activities such as pub, cinema nights and team-building events
- Commit to adding additional benefits as we grow
- Relocation package for non-UK residents