Do you want to design and deliver geospatial products and services that form the foundation of the real-world metaverse? Join Niantic, the developer of Pokémon GO, Ingress and Pikmin Bloom, as a Product Manager on the AR-Geo team to build out the geospatial infrastructure that connects AR experiences to real locations in the physical world. You will partner with a diverse cross-functional team to develop and scale systems that impact millions of users around the world. You will be responsible for crafting both the vision and strategy for how Niantic creates, processes, conflates, and serves the geodata that underpin our real-world AR platform.
This is a strategically critical role with high-visibility, and would be an excellent fit for someone who is technically-minded, with a passion for maps, machine learning, and augmented reality.
- Work with engineers, scientists, game producers, and operators to gather insights and refine Niantic’s geospatial data model and geodata acquisition flows.
- Build a deep understanding of the development processes of first- and third-party AR and game developers with regard to their geospatial use cases.
- Broadcast your vision through bold product roadmaps, rapidly iterate with stakeholder feedback, and deliver solutions that impact millions of users.
- Define and track metrics to measure product success and impact.
- Collaborate and align with product leaders, engineers, and scientists to build and deploy world-scale solutions for the real-world metaverse.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members and stakeholders to cultivate strong working relationships with project team members, including regular and reliable attendance and participation in meetings.
- 3+ years of product management or relevant experience.
- Demonstrated success collaborating with cross-functional stakeholders to achieve organizational goals.
- Experience delivering products for developers.
- Experience working with large datasets and implementing data pipelines.
- Experience delivering large-scale machine learning products and services with a geospatial component.
- Experience working with computer vision applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related fields.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced hybrid environment and handle stress appropriately and/or ability to solve practical problems and be sufficiently adaptable to handle dynamic situations with little advance notice.
- Experience working on cross-functional teams with ability to communicate effectively through written and verbal communications, including synchronous interactions with others.
- MBA or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related fields.
- Experience building and launching platform products and services.
The total compensation package for this position includes a new hire offer base salary range of $175,000 – $214,200 + bonus + equity + benefits.
Individual pay within this salary range is determined by work location and additional factors, including assessed job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can answer any questions about new hire total compensation during the hiring process. An overview of benefit offerings for your location can be found on the careers page.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe. Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer.
We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
Niantic is a hybrid first company. We believe that in person interaction and collaboration is good for Niantic’s culture, and critical to our future success as a company. We support flexibility and know new ways of working are here to stay.
We’re a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.