We are the new Meta-tainment division within Unity. We take innovative approaches at the forefront of technology and game design, working to design the future of the Metaverse. Our team is responsible for building creative and engaging worlds where users are free to express themselves and socialise in authentically inclusive ways. We work across multiple platforms incorporating groundbreaking technologies. Our goal is to inspire people and to change the world one piece of the Metaverse at a time!
Are you interested in applying your technical expertise and proven game development skills to build the Metaverse?
You’ll use your creativity and out of the box thinking to solve difficult problems and implement core features. You’re an experienced software developer that owns your work and maintains a passion to learn and grow. As a great teammate, you are innovative and excited to collaborate. Our cross-disciplinary teams consist of world class developers, technical artists, 3D artists, Art Directors, UX & UI designers, and support staff dedicated to software quality and a great user experience!
We’re committed to maintaining a diverse team, and we welcome and encourage applicants with diverse experiences and backgrounds.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Collaborating with other senior project leaders in project planning and execution
- Using your extensive software development experience to architect and implement performant and scalable systems
- Working with a software development team and a project team of designers, project managers and quality analysts to realise a design concept into implementation
- Helping drive the technical direction of software features, following agile software development methodologies
- Participating in code reviews to ensure only high quality software is committed
What we’re looking for
- Strong technical background in the development of real-time interactive applications (games, simulations, etc.)
- Proven track record of delivering games with Unity and C# and strong understanding of all aspects of the software development lifecycle
- Deep understanding of software design practices including architecture, software design patterns and algorithmic solutions
- Good communicator, proficient in spoken and written English, with the ability to work as part of a team of diverse skills
You might also have
- Experience with online multiplayer networking frameworks such as Photon, MLAPI, etc
- Familiar with mobile application, cloud development, GPU computing: vertex, fragment and computer shaders
- Experience interacting and explaining ideas to customers and executives that don’t possess a technical background
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.