Apple’s Technology Development Group (TDG) is looking for a Software Engineer to help us build cutting-edge applications for our next-generation interactive computing platforms. Imagine yourself building fundamental applications on top of Apple’s most advanced technologies, while developing your expertise in Augmented and Virtual Reality (AR/VR). As a core member of our team, you will work closely with organizations across Apple (Human Interface, Frameworks, etc.) to design, architect, and implement apps that will delight, inspire, and empower millions of users. We are looking to have more resources to work almost exclusively on the 3D rendering and framework development of the Memoji project.
- Track record of building complex and delightful applications or user-facing systems for Apple platforms (macOS, iOS, iPadOS, watchOS, tvOS)
- Attention to detail and passion for one’s work.
- Proficiency in a systems programming language, such as Objective-C, Swift, C/C++, etc.
Apple’s apps define our products; they are the core fulfillment of our user stories. You will have the opportunity to build software that directly impacts how customers use our products. We work closely with Apple’s human interface design team and our internal framework teams to to define and develop high-impact applications for Apple’s next-generation computing platforms. The ideal engineer for this role is comfortable working in a dynamic and creative team charged with exploring an uncharted and rapidly changing domain. You will be researching and developing entirely new apps and experiences on top of evolving systems and frameworks; without compromising on quality or attention to detail. You will be exposed to state of the art in interactive 3D applications, get the chance to shape the trajectory of future Apple products, and surface the untapped potential of the AR/VR space for our users.
– The position will allow them to contribute code at different levels of the software stack, from Metal shader programming to app development
– The position offers a chance to exercice one’s skills in 3D graphics programming but also high-level framework design and implementation
– They will work in a small team where they’ll have direct impact on shipping products
– They will work closely with designers from the Human Interface team, but also engineers from teams in the Software Engineering group to integrate Memoji in new experiences
– They will contribute code to all Apple platforms, from the Memoji watch face to the animated user icon in the Mac login screen
– The candidate is expected to be familiar with the Cocoa APIs
– The candidate is expected to have some knowledge of 3D programming (prefably Metal and/or SceneKit)
Education & Experience
BS / MS / PhD in Computer Science OR equivalent degree OR equivalent experience
- Familiarity any of the following technologies: ARKit, RealityKit, SceneKit, Metal, or Core Animation.
- Proficiency in macOS, iOS, or Unix development practices.
- Experience in 3D Graphics, Real Time Graphics, or 3D Math.
- Experience building AR/VR apps either professionally or personally.
- Interest or proficiency in UI/UX design.
- An interest and passion for AR/VR Technologies.