Qualcomm’s XR team is seeking a Software Engineer to join an innovative team developing the next generation of Augmented and Virtual reality (XR) technologies. We are looking for “a quality obsessed System engineers directly involved with builds testing” who wants to help contribute to the next phase of our company’s growth.
You will be responsible for checking and maintaining features in build environments and continuously improve the entire solution to make releases 1-click away. We strive for a high-frequency cadence of releases, which mandates that the build system just works. We are looking for a passionate person who can help the engineering team to increase the quality of the products and increase efficiency of the development by taking over the responsibility of our in-house build systems.
You will work with engineering teams in FR, EU and the US to identify their needs and contribute to implement a modern and scalable build environment that preserves fully functional features. The breadth of products the Qualcomm XR team is building, makes the build system a challenge but a core piece in delivering our next generation products.
Communications skills are key to success in this role, you must possess verbal and written skills that convey your test strategies and results to various stakeholders. Our team is working on essential areas of augmented reality for mobile and future platforms.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
- A passion for software development, testing and are aiming for a high-quality standard
- 3+ years’ experience with Programming Language such as C, C++, Java, Python, etc.,
- Excellent knowledge of CI/CD strategies, build tools (gitlab, TeamCity, Jenkins) and build pipelines
- Master degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
- Knowledge of CMake, maven, artifactory or conan is a plus
- Knowledge of Docker for virtualization of build environments is a plus
- Experience in automatization of build processes for mobile platforms like Android, iOS, UWP
- Previous experience with testing using mobile platforms (Android, iOS) or head-worn devices (HoloLens, Magic Leap)
- Acute knowledge of Bash and Shell
- Acute knowledge Android, Linux, Windows, Mac
- Knowledge of NPM distribution (Unity)
- Knowledge of general software architecture
- Good knowledge of CV trends and algorithm
*References to a particular number of years experience are for indicative purposes only. Applications from candidates with equivalent experience will be considered, provided that the candidate can demonstrate an ability to fulfill the principal duties of the role and possesses the required competencies.
Although this role has some expected minor physical activity, this should not deter otherwise qualified applicants from applying. If you are an individual with a physical or mental disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm’s toll-free number found here for assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities as part of our ongoing efforts to create an accessible workplace.
Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.