SideQuest is the largest standalone virtual reality content platform in the world and we are excitedly working towards becoming the world’s most connected community for innovation and creativity in the space.
We offer people an open and trusted place to connect, build and discover XR experiences; without barriers.
In its simplest terms, we go above and beyond to help VR/AR game and app developers release, launch, promote and share their creations with the world.
As our first Copywriter at SideQuest, you will be responsible for developing our house style so that our tone of voice is consistent, coherent and exciting. Ultimately this role would be suited to a copywriter or content designer with broad generalist experience that will enable them to work on a multitude of projects.
You’ll be reporting into Orla Harris – COO
And working alongside
Nick Small – Senior UX Designer
Kris Telford – Graphic Designer
John McKerchar – Junior UX Designer
Ceelie Fox – User Researcher
The annual salary we’re looking to offer for this role is somewhere in the region of £32-38,000. This is based on our understanding of the UK market. The specific salary we offer will be based on the experience of the successful candidate, their performance through the interview process, and the location they are based.
In your first 6-12 months you’ll
- Establish SideQuestVR’s house style and ensure adoption across the team
- Create editorial content to establish SideQuest as the industry expert on all things VR e.g. Headsets, apps, games
- Write high-conversion promotional & marketing materials e.g. limited sales, competitions, giveaways or discounted bundles
- Create technical guidebooks, support articles and FAQs
- Writing across social media platforms such as Instagram, Reddit, Twitter as well as Blogs
- Web/UI copywriting for User interfaces e.g. Navigation systems, labeling, tips and tricks, sales funnels and more
What you’ll bring
- Experience of writing technical copy, either in a B2B or B2C context
- Experience of simplifying concepts for users, based on a passion for language, with a data-driven approach to your work
- Proven ability to connect with target users and speak their language, with a strong sense of user empathy to create a recognisable tone of voice
- Ability to work with others and interface between multiple departments
- Full proficiency in English, with exceptional written and verbal communication
- Ability to produce high quality content that grabs attention in a digital environment across multiple formats
Bonus Points if
- Passionate and Knowledgeable about the Gaming Industry, even better if specifically about VR, the Metaverse or De-Fi
- SEO Accreditation and experience
- Previous experience working in a global, remote-first environment
- Passionate about the bigger picture
A Few Things We BelieveAlthough we are a start-up, we don’t believe in burning out for the sake of a mission. There will always be a few late nights, or long weeks, but from the early stages, we’ve put the mental health and wellbeing of our Questers before anything else, which is why we offer our Questers:
- A 4-day work week with flexible working times supported by a generous annual leave policy
- The guarantee of working for a globally remote company
- Generous health benefits
- Free access to online learning platform(s) with time to develop your skills
- A Skunkworks Policy – You can work on a side project as long as it somewhat relates to your role
Beyond that, by working with technology as innovative and transformative as virtual and augmented reality, the importance of having diverse teams and opinions is only heightened and highlighted when recognizing that everything we build and promote has the amazing opportunity to offer new ways of being inclusive and accessible than ever before.
We welcome applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Should you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.