Title: Technical Program Manager- XR
Company: Samsung Research America (SRA)
Lab: MPS IMEX (Mobile Platform Solutions, Immersive Experience Lab)
Location: Mountain View, CA
Are you passionate about transforming bleeding-edge technologies into products and services that will impact millions in our daily lives? At ARPL (AR Platform Lab), we are looking for passionate product managers and TPM’s to share their creative vision and to build solutions/applications for Samsung’s array of devices spanning mobile phones, speakers, wearables, etc. In this position, you will join a collaborative team of world-class researchers, designers and engineers in the field of AR/VR/XR and Metaverse.
Come join the Samsung ARPL team and be a leader in bringing futuristic products to life!
This role is dual role of Product Manager and Technical Program Manager. The person will work closely with various international organizations including business development, engineering, UX designers, and 3D tech artists to define roadmaps and technical requirements for Samsung’s DHA solutions and execution through releases.
- Perform competitive analysis to understand market trends for existing products and targeted market segment
- Contribute to creation of the vision and strategy of products and drive clarity of the products to define the commercial and strategic goals
- Define and articulating roadmaps/features/use cases requirements for solutions
- Translate business requirement into tech req. by working with stakeholders
- Define execution milestone with associated KPIs
- Own product backlog and lead sprint planning based on the priority
- Track execution status per the milestone and identify risks and create executive report
- Ensure that features/requirements meet certain entry criteria before assignment to a release
- Create release materials per sprint execution illustrating the impact
- Partnering with stakeholders and cross-functional teams such as Engineering, Quality Assurance, Marketing, Customer Support across various geographies
- Ensure adherence to Product Management processes related to change control, documentation, etc.
- Engineering degree in CS, EE or similar. MBA preferred
- 5+ years of mobile product management experience with XR industry knowledge/ experience
- Proven previous experience in end-to-end product lifecycle (concept through deployment and maintenance) is required
- Proactive, self-starter with the ability to multi-task and work independently at all levels in the organization
- Technical and business confidence to assert and/or defend positions regarding definition and priority of features
- Strong market analysis skills.
- Empathize deeply with our customers and advocate for their needs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team player with exceptional time management skills
- Proven previous experience in user- focused mobile –first services and applications
- Able to travel internationally (<25%)
Essential Job Functions
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, and frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Samsung Research America is committed to complying with all Federal, State and local laws related to the employment of qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the recruiter or email SRA_HR@samsung.com.
Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity
Samsung Research America is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
For more information regarding protection from discrimination under Federal law for applicants and employees, please refer to the links below.
Know Your Rights | Pay Transparency